Friday, May 31, 2013

Don't Think it, Ink it


Tattoos have slowly rid themselves of their criminal reputation and are now embraced as works of art 
needled deep into the flesh of people of all ages. 
There is something about Miami that makes people feel ALIVE and ARTISTIC and CREATIVE



As you walk down the streets of beautiful Miami, you can't go more than a minute without seeing elaborate pieces of art on shoulders and backs. Not to mention, almost everyone has a hidden tattoo meant only for the eyes of the lucky few. For me, tattoos are a way for me to express myself and show loyalty to things I truly believe. As indecisive as I am, I take pride in the fact that I have the ability to make a decision that will be with me for the rest of my life. I only have two tattoos, but both hold a special place in my heart and I would get them 100 times over.

No regrets. 

Families all over Miami and all over the US have adopted this culture as a way to show unity, my family included.




Para siempre. Forever.
My mother is the most important person in my life, and we share the same tattoo on the same foot.
Forever we’ll walk through life together. Para siempre.


Waaaaaaiiitttttt... but what are you going to look like when you're old with tattoos?!


Like a fucking badass.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. Lately, I've been considering if I should or shouldn't get a tattoo. I’ve been on the fence about my thoughts on tattoos. You definitely pointed out a few things I should consider, especially not regretting getting the tattoo, but also having an important message for why I selected this text on my body forever.

    The storyline you incorporated with your topic of tattoos is very easy to read and contains a great flow. The specific usage of certain details, along the images and video all play an important role in making sure this post is coherent. Your language in this piece is very clear, simple to understand, but still vivid.

    The experimentation (I'm assuming) with different fonts and sizes does not distract the reader, but rather adds to the light tone of the work. The location of each image and video is well placed and used to reiterate each point.

    There isn't much to modify or improve from this post, other than the inclusion of smaller literary conventions such as alliteration (use another adjective that begins with the letter A) and correction of basic grammatical errors.

    Very good style of writing. I look forward to seeing how your theme unfolds more.

    ReplyDelete